We recently had a lovely weekend in Ohakune, NZ, with our best friends and they took us up the beautiful Mount Ruapehu to have a look before the true ski season starts. It was stunning, and freezing! Here is what I threw on to keep myself warm and I felt it worked quite well for comfort and warmth. I won’t hold this up as a paragon of cutting-edge fashion (!) but what I’m wearing comprises basics we’ve probably all got in our closets, and is fairly flattering for an hourglass frame.
What I’m wearing includes:
- Woolly bobble hat from Valley Girl (NZ brand)
- Sunglasses, last season Céline (link goes to NZ store, Sunglasses Hut)
- Parka coat (old Select, a UK brand)
- Merino wool gloves from a tourist shop in Auckland (so warm!)
- Handbag, old from The Warehouse (NZ store)
- Mid/dark wash skinny jeans, old from Primark (UK brand) in a ‘lift and shape’ cut
- Fake Converse from The Warehouse
My feet were still quite chilly, so I’d recommend substituting in some Ugg boots/sheepskin boots for a day like this.
Here is a couple more shots of the scenery taken by my gorgeous husband with his iPhone 🙂